October 28, 2017
Gustafson Fine Arts Center
Bob Jones University
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
October 1, 2017
No registrations will be accepted
after the deadline.
No refunds will be given for
missed or cancelled auditions.
What is the GMTA Piano Skills Festival?
The Piano Skills Festival is a non-competitive, adjudicated event that promotes LIFE-LONG MUSICIANSHIP!
With audition components that include keyboard technique, theory and musicianship skills, as well as performance, the Festival is intended to improve and expand students’ overall pianistic and musicianship abilities. Students who consistently participate will develop skills that last a lifetime.
Evaluated Piano Skills
11 Levels • 5 Required Skills
- Technique—scales, arpeggios, chords and chord progressions
- Harmonization—accompaniment of provided melodies
- Transposition—transpose accompanied melodies
- Sight Reading—appropriate to level
- Performance—published arrangement (no memory requirement)
Who may enter the GMTA Piano Skills Festival?
Any music teacher may enter students . . .
- GMTA members may access Festival materials and register!
- Non-GMTA members must pay an annual $75 non-member fee in order to access Festival materials and register students. Contact us for more information.
How much are the registration fees for students?
- Levels 1-6: $14 per student
- Levels 7-11: $18.50 per student
- Medal (optional): $4.50 per medal